Application Deadline: June 15, 2011
(Please share with your colleagues.)
Aboriginal Health Research Priority Setting – Regional
- The CIHR Institute of Aboriginal Peoples' Health (CIHR-IAPH) will provide funding for applications for the purpose of determining First Nations, Métis, and/or Inuit health research priorities and/or setting health research agendas.
- Through this funding opportunity, CIHR-IAPH will support Regional First Nation, Métis and/or Inuit organizations (e.g., Tribal Councils, Land Claim organizations, Treaty Area organizations, Urban Aboriginal Health Care Delivery organizations, Provincial/Territorial Aboriginal organizations etc.) to develop Health Research Priorities relevant to First Nations, Métis and/or Inuit in Canada.
More information on the research priorities of CIHR-IAPH can be found on their web site at: http://www.cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/8668.html
- The total amount available for this funding opportunity is $ 300,000.
- The maximum amount awarded for a single grant is $ 25,000 per annum for up to one (1) year.
- This Priority Announcement will require the completion of a Relevance Form.
- Collaboration with academic partners such as the Network Environments for Aboriginal Health Research (NEAHRs) is encouraged. Link: http://www.cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/27071.html
For more Information:
- For more complete information, please go to the following link: http://www.researchnet-recherchenet.ca/rnr16/vwOpprtntyDtls.do?type=AND&sponsor=CIHR-2&view=browseActive&resultCount=25&prog=1266&language=E#s8
Institute Project Officer
CIHR – Institute of Aboriginal Peoples’ Health (CIHR-IAPH)